On August 12, 2021 the U.S. Census Bureau released the 2020 PL 94-171 data in a legacy format. Our staff, working in cooperation with the Alaska Department of Labor, has processed this data into the following resources:
Alaska Population Change & Deviation Reports
- Table of Population Change ~ this compares the Census 2010 to 2020 population counts at the voting precinct level. Click table heads to sort, click again to reverse sort order.
- Table of District Population Deviations ~ this compares each House District's 2020 Census population with the new ideal of 18,335. PDF district maps are linked. Click table heads to sort, click again to reverse sort order.
- Download Excel File with House, Senate, Precinct, Name, 2010, 2020, Difference and Percent Change columns. Legacy .xls format here.
Google Earth Interactive Maps
- Precinct Population Changes KMZ ~ This file contains 441 KML drawn Alaska voting precincts semi-transparent color filled based on their population change from 2010 to 2020. Warmer colors grew, cooler colors declined. Click the precinct to receive tool-tip popup details.
- District Deviation KMZ ~ This file contains 40 KML drawn Alaska House District semi-transparent color filled based on their population deviation from the 2020 ideal of 18,335. Warm colors are over populated, cooler colors are under populated. Click a district to receive tool-tip popup deviation details.
- District Deviation Borders KMZ ~ This files contains the same 40 KML Alaska House Districts as above but with borders only. Use this as an overlay of the Precinct Population Change KMZ to see how precincts fit into District boundaries.